Website Arts Council of Anne Arundel County
PROGRAM MANAGER POSITION DESCRIPTION
Arts Council of Anne Arundel County
The Arts Council of Anne Arundel County’s Program Manager is a vital member of a four-person administrative team. The ideal candidate for this position must have skills and experience in website management, social media management, and marketing, including graphic design production for events, flyers, and invitations. This position will also manage the Arts Council’s Exhibits Program. In addition, the position will provide administrative office support and support for the Board of Directors, as well as support all Arts Council events. The Program Manager will work closely with the President and CEO, the COO, and the Grants Manager. This position serves as a consistent public presence, responding to inquiries and meeting the needs of constituents. Other duties as required may be assigned.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Marketing and Social Media Management
- Create internal graphics for events, website, invitations, and annual report.
- Create and distribute weekly What’s Going On e-blasts.
- Develop and curate engaging content for our social media platforms, i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Work with the Arts Council’s board marketing committee to develop and implement a social media strategy.
- Attend events and produce live social media content.
- Maintain unified brand voice across different social media channels.
- Develop and implement a social media content schedule.
- Oversee our social media campaign schedules and track the performance of the campaign.
- Track user engagement to optimize campaign content.
- Stay current with technology and monitor social media channels for industry trends.
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments.
- Review analytics and create reports on key metrics.
- Assist with design and updates of website.
- Act as primary liaison with the off-site website management firm.
- Manage online calendar and assist arts organizations with listing events on the website.
- Work with CRM software.
- Manage all aspects of the Exhibits program including public art exhibits at BWI Airport, the Arundel Center, the Goldstein Treasury Building and other venues as they are added.
- Coordinate with artists for drop off and pick up of artwork.
- Manage the artwork selection process through the online portal.
- Create graphic materials for the artist receptions.
- Support day-to-day operations, including but not limited to routine office functions, ensuring that assignments are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Respond to telephone, e-mail, and web-based inquiries promptly and in a professional manner; update voicemail and online communications as needed to reflect current information.
- Process incoming mail daily; record contributed income in donor management software accurately and promptly, providing reports to the President and CEO, COO, and Grants Manager, as required.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic files to ensure accessibility and provide documentation of operational functions and administrative actions, as assigned.
- Monitor office supplies and equipment functions and ensure operational efficiency.
- Participate in all special events.
- Support the Board of Directors meetings by taking notes and producing official minutes.
- Manage the online Teaching Artist Directory.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
High school diploma required, college degree and/or work experience preferred, especially in the areas of arts management, communication, and/or marketing.
Experience and Knowledge
This is an entry level position, however at least a year of professional experience in arts operations, communications, or another non-profit environment is preferred. Proficiency in MSOffice Suites to include Power Point and Excel, Google Suite, and basic web experience is highly desirable. Familiarity with Canva, Submittable, and Bloomerang is a plus.
Salary, Benefits, and Hours
This is a full-time position, Monday – Thursday 10am to 5pm with remote work on Fridays. Occasionally nights and weekends are required. Benefits include paid medical and dental insurance, and retirement plan. Salary commensurate with experience.
To perform this position effectively, the successful candidate will have a strong work ethic and attention to detail, the ability to work on multiple projects at one time, and the ability to work with professionals, artists, diverse partners, and stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable persons with disabilities to perform job functions successfully. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. For more information about the Arts Council, please visit our website at www.acaac.org.
To apply for this job please visit www.acaac.org.