Arts marketing manager (part-time)
To apply for this position, please email submissions to: email@example.com. Include a cover letter, resume, and marketing portfolio.
Marketing position summary: EducArte seeks an experienced, creative marketing professional to join our fast-growing arts nonprofit organization. In this position, you will work directly with our Executive Director to create marketing campaigns that increase audience awareness and participation in our arts programming and events, taking primary responsibility for the execution of each campaign. You will seek to increase brand awareness through both traditional and new media campaigns. This position will be responsible for social media marketing; copywriting; preparing marketing assets; and coordinating content for brochures, web pages, grassroots community engagement, and performing arts events.
Advertising and marketing management:
- Support the Executive Director with strategy and implementation of marketing campaigns for performances and events
- Create flyers, posters, and other materials for specific events or institutional marketing purposes
- Research artists, events, and outreach opportunities to enhance marketing strategies and improve positioning
- Attend weekly marketing meetings and provide input into marketing and communications strategy, goals, and objectives
- Develop tactical marketing plans for events, series, and programs
- Collect data, analyze the success of marketing efforts, and report on key metrics and content performance
- Write content for EducArte newsletters, web, and social media
- Draft or review web content and newsletters regularly to ensure accuracy, clarity, and marketing effectiveness
- Draft and schedule targeted email marketing campaigns, social media calendar, and bi-monthly newsletters
- Work the outreach table at EducArte events in rotation with other staff ´
- Oversee production and placement of promotional materials
- Participate in grassroots marketing initiatives
- Other duties as assigned.
- Part-time. Remote work with some on-site work at events.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in marketing and communications
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills and collaborative attitude
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience in social media and analytics, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter/X, YouTube, Google Analytics
- Experience with email platforms (MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc.)
- Linguistic and cultural competency in Brazilian culture and arts
- Experience with Canva, MailChimp, WordPress, and Eventbrite
- Experience in arts marketing and/or arts administration work
- Familiarity with the DC arts and media market
EducArte works to ensure equity in the performing arts and arts education for Brazilian and Latin American audiences and artists in the Greater Washington DC region. We offer music and dance programs that celebrate the cultural knowledge of African, Indigenous, and European communities in Brazil and throughout the Americas. We create educational programs to promote and support local and visiting artists. Our work sparks cross-cultural communication through workshops, lectures, discussions, residencies, and community events in traditional and non-traditional arts spaces. Our guiding values are to elevate equity and diversity in the arts, pay artists fairly, build community through creativity, and respect all cultural traditions equally. We approach our projects and community with a deep commitment to social justice, equity, inclusion, and equality. www.educarteinc.org. EducArte provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org