Assistant Director of Publick Playhouse
Website M-NCPPC, Department of Parks and Recreation, Arts and Cultural Heritage Division
Live More, Play More
he Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, Prince George’s County, Department of Parks and Recreation, Arts and Cultural Heritage Division, is seeking an Assistant Director for the Publick Playhouse. The selected candidate assists in the daily operations of a 500 seat performing arts center. Manages facility operations, participates in planning, organizing and implementing community based cultural arts programs; provides marketing, public relations, box office, front of house and volunteer programs and services; issue tickets to events and participates in budget formulation.
Examples of Important Duties
Managing performance spaces, exhibit spaces, box office, ticket sales, cash handling, and concessions. Assists in managing the development and implementation of operational goals and procedures (e.g. hours, building security, safety).
Leads the marketing and public relation efforts for a wide variety of visual and performing arts programs, classes, special events, to meet the needs of a diverse community.
Assists with the development and management of program and event budgets. Assists the director with researching, planning and the implementation or events and activities to ensure access and engagement of diverse populations.
Participates in budget formulation as well as execution of the facility’s operating budget. Monitors and tracks expenditures for programs and project. Controls expenditures in accordance with approved budget. Prepare purchases requisitions and check requests. Collects and deposits revenues. Prepares and submits financial reports.
Hires and supervises designated staff who perform a variety of administrative, customer service, hospitality, custodial and instructional duties to ensure proper delivery of services; maintains
1. Bachelor’s degree or four years experience in one of the following fields: parks, recreation, education, business administration, physical education, communication, leisure services, or in area of required specialty; and
2. Two years of responsible professional experience working in a facility related to parks, recreation, education, business administration, health education, physical education, communication, leisure services, or area of required specialty; or
3. An equivalent combination of education and experience;
4. A valid driver’s license or ability to acquire one; and
5. A valid operating license (e.g., county pool operator’s, child care license) as appropriate.
Supplemental InformationClassification Specification Enterprise/Recruitment Facility Manager
Person(s) hired for this position must provide proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (with limited religious or medical exceptions).
The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate a workplace culture of diversity, equity and inclusion without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, or any other non-merit factor.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.