Communications and Social Media Manager
Website Mid Atlantic Arts
The Communications and Social Media Manager manages and implements a comprehensive communication and social media program that showcases the impact of the organization’s work and engages our community. You will play a key role in telling the stories of the artists and projects we support and help raise the visibility of our organization. This position reports to the Director of External Affairs.
- Work with the Program staff to craft and share compelling stories about the organizations’ work and impact, using a variety of mediums such as blog posts, social media posts, and video content.
- Collaborate with the Director of External Affairs to develop and execute campaigns and initiatives.
Media Management & Communications
- In cooperation with the Director of External Affairs, develop and implement a comprehensive communication plan, including the creation of press releases, newsletters, and other written materials.
- Assist with cultivation of media coverage in all markets, including arranging interviews, and overseeing management of media contacts throughout the region.
- Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of Mid Atlantic Arts media and mailing contact list.
Social Media Management
- Develop and implement a social media strategy that aligns with the organization’s mission and goals, including the creation, curation, and scheduling of engaging content that represents inclusion of the Mid-Atlantic region across all social medial platforms.
- Manage and grow the organization’s social media presence, including followers and engagement.
Analyze and report on the effectiveness of social media campaigns and strategies.
- Monitor and respond to comments and messages on social media platforms in a timely and professional manner.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and best practices in social media and communication.
Organization and Community Support
- Actively participate in Mid Atlantic Arts’ strategic efforts to advance diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the organization, in the arts community
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or equivalent in work experience.
- 3-4 years of experience in a relevant field.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Experience with blog posting, social media, and video content.
- Experience with social media analytics and reporting tools.
- Proficiency with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter.
- Practical experience preparing graphics, following ADA guidelines, and working with web sites.
- Ability to craft and share compelling stories through a variety of mediums that engage and inspire an audience.
- Experience with video creation, editing, and posting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The following interpersonal skills are helpful: Teamwork, communication, problem-solving, flexibility, adaptability.
- Intermediate proficiency using Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Video Conferencing: Intermediate proficiency to conduct meetings and events via Zoom, Teams, or other video conferencing technology.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of External Affairs. The salary range for this position is $52,000-$58,000 commensurate with experience. Mid Atlantic Arts offers a full benefit package.
Mid Atlantic Arts enjoys a remote work environment. Preferred candidates will reside in the Mid-Atlantic region. The region includes New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, District of Columbia, the US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use Communications. Social Media Manager in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
About Mid Atlantic Arts
Based in Baltimore, Maryland, Mid Atlantic Arts provides grant support and multi-state programming in the mid-Atlantic region. Mid Atlantic Arts nurtures and funds the creation and presentation of diverse artistic expression and connects people to meaningful arts experiences within our region and beyond. It is one of six regional arts organizations in the United States and works in close partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts and its member state and jurisdictional arts agencies.
Mid Atlantic Arts is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Accordingly, Mid Atlantic Arts provides employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, national origin or ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, genetic status or information, military or veteran status or any status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Mid Atlantic Arts is committed to building an inclusive working environment that supports a diverse community of staff and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
To learn more, visit www.midatlanticarts.org
To apply for this job please visit www.midatlanticarts.org.