Group Sales Manager
POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT
The Group Sales Manager is a part of Strathmore’s Marketing team—responsible for successfully building attendance and revenue for Strathmore events, establishing beneficial partnerships, and providing excellent customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Sales, Ticketing, and Customer Service (70%):
- Direct all sales and marketing initiatives for Group Sales.
- Perform research and identify appropriate target groups for Strathmore and various events.
- Effectively communicate to promote concerts, events, and initiatives.
- Respond in a timely manner to group inquiries and provide excellent customer service at all opportunities.
- Develop and maintain proactive, productive relationships with group, business, cultural, and community patrons.
- Strategize and develop new sales, promotional, and outreach ideas from concept to execution.
- Develop and maintain database of sales prospects and community contacts targeted to specific
- Strathmore programs.
- Plan and lead community meetings with local interest groups as necessary.
- Attend various community events as a representative of Strathmore.
- Process group ticket orders for Strathmore and its partner organizations including reservations, billing, discount processing, revisions, and payments.
- Develop and regularly evaluate promotional sales policy, rules, and procedures.
- Troubleshoot and resolve ticketing and customer service issues related to group tickets.
- Provide excellent customer service to groups – helping to coordinate on-site dining and space rental as well as other services as appropriate.
Administration & Analysis (30%):
- Attend Marketing meetings to contribute creative ideas and discuss targets for grassroots and group outreach.
- Record, report, and analyze group sales data.
- Create sales forecast and set performance goals.
- Attend events and concerts when important group clients are present to provide service and build relationships.
- Track effectiveness of group sales marketing tactics.
- Process invoices and track expenses.
- Work with a designer and the marketing team to develop materials needed to perform outreach for groups.
- Edit materials to support the department.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Director of Marketing.
Satisfactory completion of this job will include successfully:
- Employing strong sales-oriented skills and attitude, including ability to make cold calls.
- Generating quantifiable sales results as an outcome of sales management initiative and efforts.
- Maintaining established relationships and building new audiences and group contacts.
- Executing a large number of sales orders without error or complication.
- Building good working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Demonstrating good judgment in problem resolution.
- Recording and analyzing sales data to accurately predict and measure results.
- Displaying team spirit to succeed and improve performance of department.
- Operating within approved budget.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Demonstrates exceptional ability to set goals, problem solve, and think creatively.
- Regularly cooperates and contributes to improve customer service and to develop innovative product.
- Possesses personal integrity and ethical values.
- Demonstrates ability to self direct and shows initiative.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Employs excellent communication skills and demonstrates a competent utilization of varying forms of media.
- Consistently works to resolve issues in a responsible and timely fashion.
- Repeatedly displays high degree of dependability and reliability.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 2-5 years of prior sales and/or marketing experience (cultural arts preferred but not required).
- Excellent research, writing, and editing skills.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships.
- Familiarity with Tessitura software for customer relationship management and ticketing.
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
STATUS AND COMPENSATION: This is a part-time, hourly position estimated at 15 hours per week. Pay range $28-33, commensurate with experience.
Strathmore is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Accordingly, Strathmore provides employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, national origin or ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, genetic status or information, military or veteran status or status in any status protected by federal, state, or local law.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Strathmore will not tolerate unlawful discrimination, harassment, or retaliation under any circumstances.
We are eager to cultivate a broad and inclusive field of applicants. Strathmore is committed to building a diverse community of staff, volunteers, and interns. Individuals from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, please submit prior to November 30, 2022, the following items:
- Cover letter
Submit through Strathmore’s online jobs portal.
To apply for this job please visit www.strathmore.org.