Website Wide Angle Youth Media
Helping young people use media to communicate, create, and lead.
Wide Angle Youth Media is seeking candidates for a Production Intern. This is a part-time position and is designed to give current college students and recent college graduates a launchpad for a career in digital media. The position includes on-the-job training working on video media from start to finish, including a combination of video pre-production, production, and post-production roles. Production work will occur on-location throughout Maryland. This paid training program consists of 15 hours/week and interns aged 18-21 may be eligible for additional summer hours by being placed at Wide Angle through employment partners like YouthWorks for up to (25 hours/week). The hourly pay starts at $13.25-$16.25 depending on education, artist portfolio, and years of professional experience.Wage increases are scheduled to occur at 250, 500, 750, and 1000 hours of work contingent on job performance. This is a 24-month position. At the conclusionof 24 months, the intern will either advance to a new role at Wide Angle Youth Media, or staff will work with Production Intern to pursue placement in other media productions roles in the area.
- Must be between the ages of 18-24.
- Must be available for an average of 15 hours of work per week.
- Applicants must be available on Mondays for staff meetings.
- Applicants must have a flexible schedule to join our team for video production days based on client schedules. Production days typically occur Tues-Fri, but sometimes also fall on evenings or weekends. WAP works to ensure that production days are communicated at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Must be willing to commit to the 2-year internship.
- Must demonstrate skills in key media areas, such as writing, camera operation, lighting for video, audio production, graphic design, editing, client relations, and public speaking.
- Must have proof of vaccination and boosters for COVID 19 and must adhere to WAYM’s COVID safety policies, as defined in the WAYM policy handbook.
REPORTS TO: Production Director/Senior Production Manager
THE PART-TIME PRODUCTION INTERN is responsible for assisting the Production team in a variety of media-production roles, including:
- Representing WAYM: By going to networking events or meeting with potential clients.
- Pre-Production: Developing pitches and presenting to clients, writing scripts, drafting
interview questions, making storyboards, and holding casting auditions.
- Production: Working with cameras, lighting, audio, and other production equipment, as well as working directly with interview subjects and talent.
- Post-Production: Working in Adobe Premiere, organizing footage, editing interviews and b-roll, assembling stories, sourcing music, performing color grading, creating motion graphics, and delivering projects to clients.
- Mentoring: By sharing skills and expertise with younger students in our programs.
Expectations for Applicants: WAP is designed to help take your media production skills to the next level. While training and mentoring is an important focus of WAP’s mission, applicants should be able to demonstrate a basic competency in some or all of the tasks listed above.
- Clear and consistent communications: respond to emails and phone calls within 48 hours and communicate quickly in the event of scheduling problems.
- Must have a working cell phone.
- Be on time to all WAP commitments.
- Be ready and excited to work, learn, and support the WAP team.
- Must uphold WAYM’s values and work as a team in a professional production environment.
- WAYM prefers applicants who are engaged in media production in school and/or work
outside of WAP.
- WAYM prefers to work with applicants residing in Baltimore City.
HOW TO APPLY
All Wide Angle Youth Media hiring is contingent upon successful state and federal background check clearance. To apply, email your resume and cover letter, along with a writing sample, to email@example.com. Include your name and position in the email subject line (ie: Joe Doe: Production Intern – PT Application). Interviews for qualified applicants will begin on a rolling basis before the deadline, with January 9, 2022, as the last day to apply, with a potential start date of Feb 9, 2022.
In addition to a positive organizational culture, our comprehensive benefits package for this position includes:
- Free parking
- Mileage/Parking Reimbursement
- After meeting eligibility requirements – retirement benefit with up to a 3% match.
- An emergency fund is available for students, alumni, apprentices, and staff.
- Paid professional development through apprenticeship program trainings
- Receive additional training in topics relevant to WAYM’s values and mission: Adverse
Childhood Experiences (ACE’s) Vicarious Trauma, Design Thinking, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.. and many more!
- Mileage/Parking Reimbursement.
Wide Angle Youth Media is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or handicap, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, citizenship status, service member status, genetic information, union affiliation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit www.wideanglemedia.org.